The Printing Error!
Who do you find GUILTY?
The Witness Statement:
A murderous maths reader called "Hazzy" pointed out that in the earliest
copies of"NUMBERS" there is a dreadful mistake! If you have one of
the first books printed then you might be lucky to find that you've got one of the
extremely valuable flawed copies.
The mistake is on page 106 - so look at your copy now and see if you can find it
without us telling you. Otherwise drag your mouse along inside this box:
It should say:
"There are 8 Prime numbers between 1 and 20: 2,3,5,7,11,13,17,19."
For some reason the flawed copies missed out 5!
So whose fault was it?
Here are the suspects:
* some names have been changed to
protect people with reputations worth saving.
- KJARTAN POSKITT wrote the book to start with and sent it to
- LULU MOODY the commissioning editor who only reads the words and ignores
the sums and then sends it to
- TOPSY TRUELOVE the main editor who checks every little sign, number,
comma, full stop and crosses half of the jokes out then sends it to
- KINCH and WIMPTON our Pure Mathematicians who only read the Pongo McWhiffy
bits and then check all the sums and numbers and then send it back to
- TOPSY who crosses out the rest of the jokes and then sends it back to
- KJARTAN who tries to sneak the jokes back in and then sends it to
- MILLY CUDDLEBOTTOM another editor who checks everything again and if she finds anything that's still
wrong she sends it back to
- KJARTAN POSKITT who throws a bit of a tantrum and then sends it back to
- LULU who sends it to
- PHILIP REEVE the artist who doesn't look at the sums because they are beneath him
so he draws the rough pictures then sends it to
- MILLY who checks it all again and then sends it back to
- KJARTAN who looks at the pictures and wishes he could draw and then sends it to
- MILLY who checks it and sends it to
- TOPSY who checks it and sends it to
- PHILIP who finishes the pictures and sends it to
- MANDA HEARTTHROB who carefully sticks all the words and pictures in the right place
and then sends it to
- MILLY who copies it and sends it to
- EVERYBODY who all check it for the last time and then it goes to the
- PRINTERS who then send it to
- KAT BRACEGIRDLE and the other reps who deliver it to the
- BOOKSHOPS and BOOKCLUBS who sent it to
Remember.. before you go blaming anybody, don't forget that several thousand
Murderous Maths readers including teachers, academics and other really brainy types
ALSO read the book without spotting the mistake! So big congratulations to 11 year old
Hazzy (Harriet Freeman) who was the first to spot it.
Back to NUMBERS
Murderous Maths Main Index Page